WVF is a venture capital fund that focuses on Series A and Series B opportunities in biomedicine, healthcare IT, advanced materials, and other emerging technologies. The team consists of Ross MBA students as well as students from other graduate programs at the University of Michigan. We source deals through a network of local venture capital firms and invest approximately $50k-$200k in startup opportunities alongside VC firms. As a member of WVF you will learn to assess the potential of a new technology and market, conduct series A and B due diligence, and create and defend your own investment thesis. If you are interested in early stage investing, interaction with VC firms, and learning how to value new investment opportunities, then WVF is the place for you.
Please note that the Wolverine Venture Fund only accepts full-time MBA students and graduate students with two years remaining in their University of Michigan programs.
Fall 2018 Full-Time MBA Recruiting Timeline
- Tuesday 9/4/2018 - Meet the Funds, 7:30-8:30pm, B1570
- Thursday 9/6/2018 - WVF Info Sessions, 1-2pm R1210 and 6:30-7:30pm R1230. Application released after last info session
- Friday 9/7/2018 - WVF Social 6-7:30pm at 916 Oakland Ave. Come say hi!
- Sunday 9/16/2018 - Application due
- Week of 9/24/18 - 9/28/18 conduct first round interviews